Applicants who wish to study to study in Germany can take advantage of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship provided for international students as well as domestic students. The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is one of the most popular and highest-paid scholarships in Germany.
The scholarship looks to provide students with the financial support required to pursue a degree in Germany. Students will be considered only when they have secured admission for a full-time Master’s Degree at any of the 8 participating universities in Germany. The scholarship is funded by Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD).
The good side about this award is that you are not required to provide any IELTS or TOFEL or any other language documents and also you won’t have to pay for application fees. For students who did not complete their previous degree in English, you will be required to take an English course which would use in place of IELTS.
This scholarship is provided once every year and students are required to meet the academic requirements of any of the participating schools and also meet the requirement of the Germany Visa to obtain a student visa. Students who are successfully selected will be awarded cash benefits that cover their tuition fees, living expenses, and so on.
Details of DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Program 2022/2023 in Germany for International and Domestic Students
University: 8 Participating universities in the U.K.
Course Level: Master Degree, Ph.D. Degree
Funded By: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)
No. of Scholarships: Not Specified
Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
Deadline: 22nd July 2022
Eligible Subjects for this Program
The scholarship program does not have restrictions on academic programs and you can choose from the list of courses below.
Courses by Department
- Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- Master of Development and Governance at Universität Duisburg-Essen
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) at University of Erfurt
- Peace and Conflict Studies at Universität Magdeburg
- Management in Non-Profit- Organisations at Hochschule Osnabrück
- Development Studies at Universität Passau
- Master of Governance and Public Policy at Universität Passau
- Master of Public Management (MPM) at Universität Potsdam
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The scholarship will cover the full cost of studying at any of the 8 Universities, this includes
- Scholarship offers Monthly Stipend 861 €
- Provides cover for students Health Insurance in Germany
- Round Trip Travel Allowance
- Study and Research subsidy
- Monthly Rent and living expenses Subsidy where Applicable,
- Allowances for Spouses and/or children if any.
- It will also cover tuition fees and application fees.
Students who wish to show their interest for the Gates Cambridge scholarship 2022/2023 for International Students will have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants from any part of the world will be considered for this award.
- Students will be eligible based on the subject area they have chosen. The selection criteria will differ based on that.
- Applicants must ensure that they qualify for admission at the university before they are considered for the scholarship.
- You are to provide proof to show you completed undergraduate studies, your transcript, as well as your bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, could be accepted.
- Applications are to be submitted in English or German
- Applicants are required to fulfill additional requirements for Masters Courses.
- The applicant must be from a developing country. You can check the list of eligible countries here https://static.daad.de/media/daad_de/pdfs_nicht_barrierefrei/in-deutschland-studieren-forschen-lehren/list_of_countries.pdf
- You should have a recent bachelor’s degree which was obtained in the last 6 months.
- The scholarship is open for students in the field of Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Social Sciences, and Public Administration.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
Applications for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Program can be done online but only after you have secured admission for a course program at the university.
Please note that having all the documents and meeting the necessary requirements does not automatically mean you will receive the award. The final decision for this award will be made by the department of which you’d be notified via email or the school website.
You can visit the official page of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Program to learn more about the award
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):