Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship is one of the biggest scholarship awards in Germany. Each year over 12,000 scholarships are awarded to domestic and international students who wish to pursue undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degrees to study in a university in Germany.
There are opportunities for any student to gain a scholarship to study in Germany. Schools in Germany are known to be cheap and affordable at least when compared to other European countries and developed countries around the world.
You will find lots of scholarships that do not require IELTS or TOFEL in Germany. One of such scholarships is the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship; this scholarship is open for students who are pursuing Masters, or Ph.D. degrees in Germany.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship is dual funded by DAAD and Heinrich Boll Foundation. The aim of the award is to make education cheaper or free for students depending on which university you applied to. You are not required to pay any application fee for this award and no IELTS or TOFEL is required as well. For students who are from non-English speaking countries, you would have to take an English course in the school they applied to.
Details of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Program 2022/2023 in Germany for International and Domestic Students
Scholarship Country: Germany
Funded by: DAAD & Heinrich Boll Foundation
Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral;
- Germans/Foreign Students who are Educated in Germany, only your first degree (Bachelors)
- EU Nationals/Students who are Not Educated in Germany: Master’s Degree Only
- Non-EU Nationals/Students1 who are Not educated in Germany: Master’s Degree Only
No. of Scholarships: 12,000
Deadline: Is between 1st March and 1st Sept (of Each Year)
Eligible Subjects for this Program
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Award program does not have restrictions on academic programs
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The scholarship will cover the full cost of studying at any of the Universities in Germany this includes
Monthly Allowance, Tuition Fees, Medical insurance, and so on
Students who wish to show their interest in the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship program 2022/2023 for International Students will have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants from Germany or any part of the world will be considered for this award
- You will be required to provide additional documents to show proof of Social Engagement and/or interest in politics, Show that you identify with the goals of the foundation, show excellent academic work as well as proof of academic achievements, and show you are motivated, responsible, reliable and willing to participate actively to the foundation’s work.
- If you have received a German scholarship already, you will not be considered for this award. The other grants must end first before you can apply for this one double funding is not possible.
- The scholarship is only available for students who will or are entering the first semester to begin their masters, bachelor, or doctoral studies.
- You are to provide proof to show you completed undergraduate studies, your transcript, as well as your bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, could be accepted.
- Applicants should submit the application in English or German
- Applicants are required to fulfill additional requirements for Masters Courses.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
Applications for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Program can be done online but only after you have secured admission for a course program at the university.
Additional documents required for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships includes Application form, Student enrolment certificate, proof of German language proficiency of at least DSH 2 or Level B2, a first-degree certificate if you are applying for a master’s degree, you will have to provide a reference letter to prove your social commitment, and an expert reference from your college or university lecturer.
Be informed that having all the requested documents and meeting the necessary requirements does not automatically mean you will receive the award. The decision will be made by the department of which you’d be notified via email or the school website.
You can visit the official page of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Program to learn more about the award
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):