If you are going to study in Canada, then you should be applying for a scholarship that would help you take care of the funds. The University of Alberta Scholarships can provide you with the financial aid and support that you need to pursue your studies in Canada.
The University of Alberta is dedicated to attracting thousands of students each year to choose from over 200 undergraduate degree programs, 500 graduate programs as well as 250 specializations, and 300 research areas.
The university also provides other financial aids to support students who have successfully been admitted to study in the school. The scholarship opportunities are provided to both international applicants as well domestic students who have shown interest to study at the University. The scholarships will mostly be provided to students who have shown great leadership qualities, outstanding academic performance, and to those who are currently entering the first year to begin their degree program.
Successful applicants will receive financial benefits that would cover their living expenses, tuition fees, and other academic costs. You will have to meet the school’s admission requirements in other to qualify for the various entrance scholarship awards.
However, you will not be required to provide an English test result as proof of language proficiency. The best part of the scholarships provided by the University of Alberta is that you do not also have to submit a separate application to be considered for the entrance scholarships, because your admission application will be reviewed automatically and you will be considered for the award.
The University of Alberta is one of Canada’s oldest public research universities located in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. The University currently has over 4,400 scholarships available for students, so hurry up and submit your application
International Students Awards at the University of Alberta
Host Institution and Country:
University of Alberta
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
The scholarship is available to students who are pursuing a degree in the following fields
- Agricultural Life and Environmental Sciences
- Alberta School of Business
- Fine Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences
- Medicine & Dentistry
- Native Studies
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Number of Scholarships Available:
4,400 – 6,000 scholarships per year
Scholarships that require no application:
- University of Alberta GOLD STANDARD SCHOLARSHIP which is worth over $6,000
- INDIGENOUS ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP which is worth over $1,500.
- NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP which is worth over $30,000 payable over four years.
- ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
- ENRICHED SCHOLAR SCHOLARSHIP valued at $5,000.
- Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship worth over $11,000 and a maximum of 15,000
- University of Alberta Master’s Entrance which is worth over $17,500
- GOLD STANDARD SCHOLARSHIP which is worth over $6,000
- PRESIDENT’S INTERNATIONAL DISTINCTION SCHOLARSHIP which is worth over $120,000 (payable over four years)
- UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA INTERNATIONAL LEADER SCHOLARSHIP which is worth over $5,000 – $10,000
- MAY QUON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP which is worth over $45,000 payable over four years
The requirements for the scholarships listed above are generally the same except for some faculty-specific scholarships:
- The Scholarships are open to both international students and domestic students.
- If you are a citizen or resident of these countries or you studied at any of the universities listed on this page, then you won’t require an English Language Certificate.
- Be sure you meet the admission requirements to study in the university.
Target Group: Students from any country in the world including Canada are welcome to apply for this award. Some scholarships are also particularly concerned with helping students from developing countries in Africa and Asia;
Application Deadline: Shown on the Scholarship page.
How to Apply:
- The first step to apply for a scholarship is to first check the eligibility and confirm if you are eligible.
- Then click on the link below the “Apply Here” button to visit the scholarship homepage where you will be prompted to fill out your details. Since some scholarships do not require only that you be admitted into the University of Alberta, you will probably not require filling out any application form. All you need do is to secure admission in the University of Alberta.
- One thing you should provide though is your supporting documents which includes transcript, medical result, language test result, references, and so on.
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):